Join us on Pancake Day on 5th March. Try our delicious savoury and sweet PANCAKES. Why not mix and match with our À la Carte Menu | £9 each
• Mushroom, spinach and feta
• Ham, chunky ratatouille and emmental
• Poached salmon, leeks and prawns
• Forest berry and honey compote with yoghurt
• Chocolate, peanut butter and banana
• Baileys ice cream, creme anglaise and toasted almonds
Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, is the traditional feast day before the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday. It was the last opportunity to use up eggs and fats before embarking on the Lenten fast and pancakes are the perfect way of using up these ingredients.
A pancake is a thin, flat cake, made of batter and fried in a frying pan. A traditional English pancake is very thin and is served immediately. Golden syrup or lemon juice and caster sugar are the usual toppings for pancakes. The pancake has a very long history and featured in cookery books as far back as 1439.